Last night I ran a 5K (without walking, passing out, or dying!) on the treadmill!
WOO HOO!
This means several things:
1. I can DO THIS. No really, I can! On September 22, I set my mind on running a 5K. Last night, less than 2 months later - I did it!
2. I may not be the most embarrassing runner to watch at the 5K in December. Listen. I'm all about being confident, but if I can just be honest - sometimes that confidence comes from the dark place of knowing you won't be the slowest one out there. Just bein' real, people.
3. Now I have a PR (that would be runner-speak for "Personal Record") to beat on December 4th. I think this is pretty awesome, and I KNOW I can do better than I did last night. In fact, I'm ready to shatter that PR the next time I run!
Sadly, the only living thing who was around to celebrate with me last night was my dog. Incidentally, he spent the time I ran on the treadmill SLEEPING on the carpet next to me. Some cheering section.


2 comments:
Congrats! you can do it :)
Wahoo! Congrats. That is so awesome!
Post a Comment