I am SO LOVING the sunshine today! I hope the sun is shining where you are, because DANG, I have missed it! I never would have pegged myself as one of those people who suffer from SAD, but I lit up when I saw what God was displaying this morning! [And yes, I gave you a little linky for SAD, because this blog is not only funny and witty, but also informative.]
Ok, so I have a lot of random things to share, so let's just jump in with both feet, shall we?
Slanket Drama
Do you remember this? Look how excited I was!! The back story is that Kristen and Jen bought me a Slanket for my birthday. Then Jen and I bought one for Kristen for HER birthday. Then we decided that Jen needed a Slanket because we're in 3rd grade and friends need to have stuff that match.
Well, it turns out that there was a Slanket mix-up and I was proudly displaying Kristen's Slanket instead of my own. When it arrived at my house, I just assumed it was my Slanket, not Kristen's! Whoops! Anyway, all Slankets have been accounted for and are with their rightful owners. However, one owner [who shall remain nameless] is fixin' to have her Slanket removed by SPS [Slanket Protective Services]. You know who you are!
Baby Cuteness
Have a little bit of this guy, just because he's so cute! Love him.
TV
Are we all watching American Idol? I hope so, because this season is go-od. Sadly tonight we have to listen to the State of the Union, but I'm looking forward to the next batch of hopefuls. I think my favorites so far are Alexis Grace and Danny Gokey. I also like Anoop, but I think it's just because they call him "Anoop Dog", which I find funny. I hope you are loving Judge Kara as much as I am. She actually has intelligent things to say, and she doesn't clap like a seal. Seriously, Paula's clapping makes me crazy.
Ok, I also want to comment on this season of The Amazing Race. I love this show! HOWEVER, I don't understand why people go on this show to test their relationship. Really? If you aren't sure if you want to be with someone, is putting yourself in a pressure cooker of sleep deprivation, stress, weird food, continual air travel, and language barriers really the way to go? Make sure you keep track of Phil's [the host] eyebrow, because that thing jumps around like nobody's business!
Music
If you haven't purchased the newest mini-album from Mr. Dave Barnes, please do so immediately.
Cooking Tip
When you are pre-heating the oven and begin to smell plastic burning, be alarmed. Poor strainer never saw it coming.
Slanket = good
Baby = good
American Idol = good
Amazing Race = good
Dave Barnes = good
Preheating the oven with a strainer in it = bad
Have a great week!!!


3 comments:
Great random post.
And feel free to name me. Yes, I am the Slanket owner that still has it in it's original bag, unopened and unused.
Of course in my defense, I am waiting for that next snow; so I can pull it out on a chilly winter white day and exclaim, "Oh Yes, of course I have a Slanket to keep me warm. Don't you?"
xoxoxox
Oh how I missed the tbd posts while in Honduras.
Good to be back.
Love the randomness...
LOVE American Idol!! Brent is sucked in just as much (if not more) than me!! ever since we use to go to the Costello's to watch it every week he's hooked! LOVE Danny Gokey!! he is my ultimate favorite! there are just way too many awesome people and they all don't get to stay!! did you vote last week!? yes... we did... sad huh... but all 3 of the peeps we voted for stayed! so we MADE a difference!!
Later
Shanna
Post a Comment