Hello blog buddies!
I am sorry that I have been away so long. This week marks my FOURTH week in nursing school, and what a ride it has been already!
Long drive, long days in class, long hours of studying, but LOVING.EVERY.MINUTE!!!
Seriously, I love it.
It's very interesting to be at a point like this in my life. I am so *right* where I am supposed to be, but I feel like I'm still missing EVERYTHING that's going on with the people around me.
Loop? What loop? I'm no longer in it!
I said to myself last week HELLO SISTER, IS THIS ONLY WEEK FOUR.
MOTIVATE YOURSELF.
It's a very difficult thing, to figure out how to motivate yourself. We are a culture of affirmation, specifically affirmation from other people, and when that doesn't come along like it used to, you almost have a tendency to feel like you're doing something wrong, when in fact you're doing it all right. You're right where God wants you to be. You just need to motivate yourself with God's word and keep pressing on. Remind yourself of who GOD says you are! His affirmation is all that matters!
I love this quote from Bill Johnson's book Strengthen Yourself in the Lord. "The safest place for us to be at any point in our lives is passionately pursuing God and the purposes to which He has called us. Passionate pursuit positions us for advancement." I read this book several years ago, but have picked it up again because I need to sharpen my strengthening skills!
Another thing that helped me motivate myself was getting this photo of the baby that started it all...who really isn't a baby anymore!
Yes, it was sweet Isabel that caused me to embark on this journey! Can you even think of denying that face?!? Nope, me either.
And here's Blue Eyes, her brother Caleb. You won't be able to deny him either, so don't try.
See? They make it all better!
And in other motivation news, our church was clearing out old books and resources last week, and I found my motivation tool to find TBD.

The picture didn't come out of the back jacket cover, but there was a compelling quote from Christian music legend, Carman. Carman really has his finger on the pulse of the single life, and I couldn't resist. Our Pastor summed it up perfectly, "Is that a dude on the left?"
Yes, yes it is.


6 comments:
Welcome back friend! I have been missing your inspiration blog posts!
And you didn't disappoint after your long hiatus! Thanks for keeping it real and updating us on what is going on in your world.
I miss you buddy!
so proud of you!!!! Love you and Carman
You are doing a great job. Thanks for being real and for the cute pictures of the babies! Good luck during the NEXT four weeks. :)
Glad you are back!! Keep at it, it's all worth it in the end! oh... and PLEASE don't try to find that guy on the left whose on the cover... he is NOT TBD!! :) Best Wishes! Miss Ya
Shanna
You are going to be an awesome nurse!! I saw all the Mt. Carmel students in their pretty whites today at St. Ann's. It brought back some pretty sweet memories. Keep doing what you're doin'!
The book is classic.
Post a Comment