Thursday, February 17, 2011

Abe and Lincoln

Hi Blog Buddies!

Sorry for the large gap in entries, but I've been so busy with ALL THE NOTHING, that I just haven't had a free moment to write.

Things have been very low-key around here. I literally just clicked on my calendar to look back and see if I did anything interesting in that ya'll might want to hear about.

Low point.

Here's a funny story you might appreciate:

Last weekend we had a conference at church. I was hanging out with my girl Kristen and she brought up her sweet baby, Lincoln.

I said, "Hey - isn't his birthday coming up? I'm surprised you haven't mentioned it."

She replied, "No...his birthday is in July."

I rebutted, "Really??? That's so weird! On my calendar, I have his birthday down on Saturday."

She pauses for a moment, and then replies, with a touch of YOU ARE SUCH A FREAK in her voice, "Do you mean ABE Lincoln's birthday????"

Um...yes. Yes, I did.

Awkward!

LOL! Thankfully she is very forgiving and I said a quick - Happy Birthday! - to our 16th President.

No comments: