Friday, January 28, 2011

Stay-At-Home-Chic


As I continue to my search for my first nursing job, my Dad has been kind enough to employ me to work with him. This opportunity has been a HUGE blessing to me.

One of the biggest blessings has been working from home. We love having an office dog, lunches together, and the convenience.

This morning I was reminded of one of the best parts of working at home. The dress code!!!

Now, normally I wouldn't take horrific photos of myself and post them on the internet, but this is merely an example of why working at home is awesome.

Yes, this is my work-wear.


Let's break it down, head to toe, shall we?

*Top: Black fleece, approximately 32 sizes too big. I love it.

*Bottom: This is embarrassing. I bought these pants when I was in college. And no, I don't mean nursing school. These pants are approximately 12 years old. I love them. Ever since I got rid of these pants as Hurricane Ike terrorized Ohio in 2008, the hole in my heart has been too big to part with anything else from my days at Ohio University.

*Shoes: Oh, friends. These are my new Uggs. I have fallen head over heels with these boots! The warmth. The comfort. I can't describe it. I was freezing this morning (and no, it's not because I was wearing 12 year old lounge pants) and put these babies on. Now I'm toasty warm!

So there you have it - stay at home chic. I realize my new nursing job will be a rude awakening as I transition from "home" lounge wear to "work" lounge wear (aka scrubs).

I'm hoping I'll be up to the challenge.

No comments: