Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer Music

Well, I have scoured all my normal blog sites, all 4 of them, and no one has anything new to report. So...I guess that means it's my turn to update! Funny how that works!

Because I have nothing new to report, with the exception of me studying 24/7, I thought I would share some of my favorite summer tunes. Since I have become somewhat of a music maven, allow me to drop some music suggestions on my humble peeps:

  • "American Boy" by Estelle: This song is sooooo good! Not to sound like I'm on American Bandstand or something, but I love the beat. Ok, I just cracked myself up with that one! Moving on...
  • "Chasing Pavements" by ADELE: Download. Immediately. I love her voice and I like the idea of this song. Plus, if you've ever seen her, she's got curves, and I think giving her $0.99 is the best way to say, "You go girl!"
  • "Mercy" by Duffy: Do not be fooled. This is not Amy Winehouse. Much, much better! And I believe less wine.
  • "If I Never See Your Face Again" by Maroon 5 & Rihanna: I love me some Maroon 5, and I can tolerate RiRi if she isn't singing about Um-ber-ell-as.
  • "Closer" by Ne-Yo: Ne-YES.
  • "Damaged" by Danity Kane: Don't act like you don't crank this song up when it comes on the radio. No one believes you. Just download it and listen to it whenever you want.
For the country fan in you:

  • "That Song in My Head" by Julianne Hough: This chick was on Dancing with the Stars but she has such a great voice! This is the perfect summer song. Catchy!
  • "All I Wanna Do" by Sugarland: I heart Sugarland. When watching this video I find myself mesmerized by Jennifer's hair and how it looks so great when she is clearly on summer vacation. How she goes the whole song without a headband and a ponytail holder is beyond me.
There you have it friends, my picks for summer. One quick warning, "American Boy" is for adults only. Our 'American Boy' Kanye West can't keep his clever rhymes to himself. Other than that, it's da bomb. Can't find the "clean" version...

3 comments:

Giving Love Encounters said...

As long as "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry is not on the list, I'm cool with it.

Giving Love Encounters said...

oh....and I like Um-ber-ell-a.
Maybe a lapse in music judgement but its on my Ipod and staying put.
;)

Jen said...

You caught me! I am totally updating the iPod right now...and yep, had to refer back to this post to make sure I got all the "Becky-approved" music of summer '08. Thanks for the help man.