Just sitting here watching the Olympic coverage. I love the summer Olympics. However, while I'm watching all of the gymnastics drama for the past week [I mean studying for Anatomy], I am left with lingering questions. Perhaps you can help.
*Why do the floor routines have to be set to the most cliche music out there, i.e. an instrumental version of "Putting on the Ritz"??
*Is it really that hard to stay in bounds on the floor routine? Seriously, you have this HUGE square...just stay in it. Doesn't seem that complicated.
*Why do the girls need to lacquer down their hair with 134 clips and a can of hairspray?
Oh, and for the record, a few of those female Chinese gymnasts are NOT 16 years old. No way.
Other notes:
*What is the deal with the new swimming uniforms? These things look painfully tight, as I have seen these swimmers unzipping almost instantly after a race. The other night I saw Dara Torres looking a little panicked because she was still zipped up 0.5 seconds after she jumped out of the pool. Might I suggest Spanx? They make everything easier!
Overall, I am loving the competitions, the patriotism, the "God Bless America" of it all. I love watching Bela Karoli blabber on about gymnastics, while I have no idea what he's saying.
Small tidbit, do ya'll know that I once took gymnastics from Bela Karoli? Yes, indeed. One of those facts that I should share during the "Tell us something no one else knows about you" portion of any icebreaker. But yes, I did "train" under him. I use the word "train" loosely. Clearly it didn't stick, as you can see I'm training to become a nurse and I'm not an Olympian. Would-a, should-a, could-a.
15 years ago


1 comment:
Becky-
I can see you might still be bitter that Karoli, or Pappi Bella as I call him, passed you over and chose to take me on as his Golden Child to train for the Gold. I am sorry that you might find it insulting that I took that training for granted and spent most of my time that I should have been training in dance practice and voice lessons for my star search debut, which is where I was dicovered and went on to open up for N*KOTB back in the day. I am sorry that Pappi Bella still loves me inspite of it and still speaks of me with a twinkle in his eye as the one that got away. I never realized how much this might have hurt you... and I am sorry!
Lots of Love~
:)
AMie
Post a Comment