Thursday, September 11, 2008

Throwback Thursday - Music Edition

In honor of football season being in full swing, this week's Throwback Thursday is a tribute to the REAL stars of football games...the marching band.

I don't believe I've shared with you that I was a band geek in High School, a "bandie" if you will. I was in marching band all 4 years, and a Field Commander for 3. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Actually, it was just the best of times. I have such awesome memories of going to competitions, playing at football games, and even marching in the 'Shoe. For your enjoyment, here is my band photo from my Sophomore year [circa 1994/95]:



Special stuff, no? Let's take a closer look:



Mmm hmmm...this is really special. The hair, the acne, the braces. Magic. Pure magic.

And you're welcome. Yay football!

3 comments:

Giving Love Encounters said...

OMGoodness. I am so thankful for Throwback Thursday. To think that I could have missed this picture....

Jen said...

Wow. I have nothing more to say except that you were one hot band chic.

Amie said...

Proof that you have always let your light shine, Cause I'm guessing that polyester wasn't too comfortable and possibly not to flattering on the thighs, and yet you still smile! You would have been da bomb to go to highschool with. I know I would have laughed my butt off and would have mooched a ton of friends off you.

thanks for sharing though. seriously big thanks! ;)

Love you girl!

:)
Amie