...the handle by which I take God's promises and apply them to my particular problems.
...remembering I am indispensable to God when I feel I only clutter up the landscape.
...remembering that in the kingdom of God, everything is based on promise, not on feeling.
...expecting God to accomplish miracles through insignificant me, with my five loaves and my two fishes.
...reliance on the certainty that God has a pattern for my life when everything seems meaningless.
...expecting golden grain from the bleak, barren, endless fields - watered only by my tears where I walk alone.
...thanking God when I am left with shattered plans, knowing that He has better plans.
...confidence in God's faithfulness to me in an uncertain world, on an uncharted course, toward an unknown future.
...waiting patiently for God to make me more Christ-like through people and circumstances when I want Him to give me a quick fix - preferably painless.
...trusting that God is doing a work in me when I feel inwardly cold, hollow, lifeless, deserted and I long for reassured feelings.
...not related to my believing hard enough, nor my emotional exhilaration or flatness - but rests on what God guarantees in His word.
Faith is...the way to please God.
[Faith is... by Pamela Reeve]
15 years ago


1 comment:
God is so good.
What an awesome reminder of authentic Kingdom faith.
Post a Comment