Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hope, Faith, and Love

Remember when I used to blog more than once every two weeks?

Those were good times, weren't they? So carefree. So easy.

I can't wait until this nursing program is over and I can get my life back!!!

So...the single's conference. Well, conference came, conference went. Thankfully, I didn't write about it right away, and allowed myself some time to process what happened.

The theme of the conference was Faith, Hope, and Love.

We all need that, right?

When I heard that topic, I was excited to hear a new spin on a concept we brush over so easily sometimes. Unfortunately, my revelation did not come the weekend of the conference. What was really interesting is that almost everyone I encountered that weekend appeared to be coming from a place of brokenness and hurt. Even the people who spoke - even for a few minutes - had brokenness radiating from them! Needless to say, I was not AT ALL what I expected.

I expected this:


And got this:

<

Now, you know I'm joking, but in all seriousness, I did learn a great lesson. After hearing the speaker's second message on Hope (which did NOT leave me hopeful), I was pretty disappointed.

Why had I even signed up to come to this conference?

Why did I feel such anticipation and excitement, only to be disappointed?

Why would God lead me into a room full of people who appear to be hurting?

God, why would You lead me here - when TBD isn't here?

These were just a few of the frustrating questions I had, and still have.

I am still walking out the revelation of that weekend, but I do have some insight. I have written a lot about my waiting game, and the revelations I have received several times, like here and here.

Wouldn't you know that God is so kind that He keeps giving me new revelation!

He doesn't expect us to live off the same milk and bread while we wait. He wants to take that cup and plate that held our old milk and bread, wash 'em off, and fill up that cup with fresh ice cold milk and hot bread we can savor. He is so good.

About a week after the conference, I was listening to Beni Johnson's teaching called "Wakey Wakey". (How can you not love a woman who calls a message "Wakey Wakey"?!?)

In this message she is talking about three different types of prayers. Prayers of hope, prayers of faith, and prayers of love. Basically, prayers of hope are petitions or requests. We beg and petitioning God to meet our needs. These prayers do not require faith - basically prayers of the flesh. Beni suggests that we need to move to prayers of faith and love. Prayers of faith are prayers of proclamations, declarations, and believing. These are the prayers where faith rises up and we believe something will happen. Prayers of love are praise and worship. This is the highest form of prayer, and what makes prayers of faith possible.

Don't you love that? Praise and worship make faith possible.

LOVE makes faith possible.

What a great revelation! Since I listening to that message, I have changed my thinking from faith, hope, and love to Hope, Faith, and Love. I want to move from petitioning God to bring TBD, to BELIEVING Him from a place of praise and worship.

Even now, weeks later, I can feel faith rise up when I read that!

GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!

Also, I was reminded of a scripture that reiterates this whole concept. Mark 11:24 says, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

Yes please!

Also in Job 22:28, "What you decide on will be done, and light will shine on your ways."

I feel His light shining on me. These revelations are light to my soul.

So, that's what I'm meditating on these days. I know God is faithful to grow each seed we sow, and I may never know why I was supposed to go that conference, but I followed through. I was obedient. I know there will be fruit from that!!

I move from hope - and because of love - I have faith.

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

I enjoyed reading your post! I will have to think on it for a few days to really absorb it all, but it was a great post - thanks for writing it.

Jen said...

Awesome Bex. Have I mentioned how proud I am of you?

I'm linking arms with you on this one and will continue to PRAISE GOD for this future hubby he has for you. Great revelation. God is so good.

xoxoxo