Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The One Where I Grovel...

I used to get a little irritated when my favorite bloggers would go more than 15 minutes several days without posting. I mean, entertain me bloggers! Share pictures of your cute kids and tell me funny stories about them!

(As if I didn't already see your kids at church on Sunday, where you may or may not have told me the story for your blog.)

But here I stand (write?) before you - a blogger who has not written an update in almost 1 month.

Conviction, your taste is bitter.

I apologize for not updating sooner. I have no excuse other than: this is my now.

Here are a few things I've noticed since I started nursing school exactly 6 months ago TODAY(!):

  1. I used to have a great memory. Used to. Now, I can't remember dates, appointments, assignments, you name it. I just don't remember. However, if you need to know what normal lab values are for an adult or pregnant woman, I'm your girl! I am very thankful for my planner!
  2. Driving an hour one way is only great when you have a really great mix on your iPod. Built in worship time!
  3. I have managed something I haven't done - well - ever. I currently have a 3.5 GPA! I am really proud and have worked REALLY hard to do well in my classes.
Sadly the list of things I have noticed ends at 3. And number 3 really isn't something I've noticed, but A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE. Just being real. Going to the school ranked consistently in the "Top 10 Party Schools" doesn't really afford time for focusing on one's grade point average. (Go Bobcats!)

Anyway, I'm back, at least for now. I am looking forward to my birthday next week (31!) and some time off to catch up with friends. I have been thinking what my scripture and inheritance words will be for 2010, and I'm hoping to share that with you in the next week or so!

Hope everyone has a very happy holiday!!! I leave you with this mug of me from Thanksgiving. Oh, and to offset that, a photo of my Dad and Agnes at Thanksgiving. No, Agnes isn't suffering from indigestion from too much stuffing, I think I had just said that the dog was slain in the Spirit.


(Can someone - anyone - please tell me how to get those wispy bangs to go away?!? SO ANNOYING!)


Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

It's great to have you back!

Kasie said...

I'm in nursing school too! Well not really... I'm in my pre-requs still... does that count?!
Kuddos on a great GPA!
Merry CHRISTmas!