Saturday, March 27, 2010

Finally - an Update!

Whew, it has been an offensive amount of time since my last post! Hopefully all 2 of my faithful readers are still around - and, if not, I bid you adieu.

So, what has life been like for the past 2 months since my last post? Well, it has been a whirlwind of paperwork, presentations, *really* early mornings, a huge test where I basically had to memorize all the medications known to man, finals, and - finally - vacation!!!

I want to update you on lots of fun stuff. Since you know I operate best with lists, let's just embrace it, shall we?

New Shoes - Certainly you remember these shoes, right? NOT CUTE. Well, after walking my last mile with feet that hurt, I was in desperate need of an upgrade! Thankfully our mall has a New Balance store where an angel of mercy fitted me for the most COMFORTABLE shoes. Stylish? Not as much as I would have liked, however, I have learned in my short time walking ALL THE LIVE LONG DAY, that style sometimes has to bow it's (stylish) knee to comfort. Can you all hear my Mom weeping tears of joy at that statement?!? Anyway, this angel also told me that I walk on the edges of my feet and that these shoes have something miraculous called a "roll bar" that will keep me walking straighter! (Honestly, if you are still reading as I talk about how I walk funny, I applaud you. Wow, can I ramble or what?!?)

Vacation - We just got back from a glorious week at the beach. Yes, it was chilly, however I couldn't have cared less. I was so happy to not be studying, I would have been content if it rained all week. I thought ya'll might want to see all the awesome pictures I took. I assure you, these are the ONLY TWO PICTURES I took all week. I think if nursing doesn't work out, I have a future in photography.

This first photo makes me laugh out loud. Remember this? See - I come by it honestly! What you're looking at here is EIGHT bags of chips for our 7 days at the beach. No, we weren't traveling with a group of teenage boys - there were three of us. Honestly, I'm a little bit embarrassed to admit that, but it's just too funny!


Ok, this next photo was taken at a restaurant we went to for dinner in honor of my parent's 36th wedding anniversary. My Dad had ordered calamari and this little fried fella came on the plate. In case you can't tell, it's a tiny octopus or something. All I needed to know was that 1) It was tiny. 2) It was slimy. 3) It had many legs.


Well, thanks for hanging in there for my photo tour of a week at the beach! Compelling, isn't it?

The Final Countdown - As I type this post, I have just 167 days until I graduate from nursing school! Isn't that amazing? I can't believe that it's less than 6 months away!! I am completely excited to be finished and moving on with my career. People keep asking me which area I am planning to specialize. I am trying to keep an open mind, but I can confidently say that I have NO DESIRE WHATSOEVER to see any more old man butts. I have seen way too many old man butts. I think I'll just leave it at no more old man butts. You can imagine the rest. :o) This next quarter I am doing pediatrics, and I am excited to see if I still "have it" with kiddos!

Now, for some fun stuff to wrap up:
  • For all you married peeps out there, I encourage you to read this post about handling your single friends with care. This post just made my heart happy. (Disclaimer: I have amazing friends and this is not a subliminal hint that they are anything less!!) (Disclaimer to the disclaimer: I won't say no if my married friends want to do this. I mean, I'm only human! Ha ha!)
  • In music news, check out Cory Asbury's song, "Jesus Let Me See Your Eyes". He's a worship guy from Misty Edward's IHOP and this song is so good!
  • Speaking of Misty, we went to this really cool church on vacation, and they sang her song, "Pledge". It basically made me want to weep openly. GREAT SONG. (Side bar: don't you love when you visit a new church and see people start to worship the way you do at home?!? Honestly, when I saw people start to raise their hands in worship, it just made my heart sing!)
  • Just heard about this new (to me) group, Foursquare United Generation. First of all, don't you love that name? I previewed their album "Breakthrough" and I'm pretty sure it will soon be appearing on my iPod!
I do believe that is all for now. Classes start again on Monday, but I really am going to try and be better about blogging! Happy Spring!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my friend, how I have missed you!

Thank you for the post. Glad you are back refreshed.

On a sidenote: Sam got new shoes today and as he tried on a pair of Brooks and talked about how comfortable they were, I told him, "We are officially old when we are talking about the comfort of new shoes instead of the look of them!" LOL

And read the entire Annie post. Thanks for that. I loved it.

Marie said...

Welcome back! Looks like I'm 1 of 2 Bloggey friends (so far!) that missed you tons! PS - I love those Salt&Pepper Kettle chips in the chip picture. And PSS - I love how Jen totally ignored your call for an invite on date night ;)

Chris and Rebecca said...

I have to say I almost passed up the link on my blog when I read you had updated...it took me a double take to think it could be real. Welcome Back!
Um, while I understand the lack of vaca pics and totally appreciate the snack photo (I reached for a bag but couldn't get it) I was still puzzled that not one pic featured a beach/water/sand/palm tree or anything that proved you were even remotely close to a beach! That was LOL good.