Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Clang, clang, clang went the Trolley...

(First, PLEASE tell me someone out there knows
the above reference without going to Google. Anyone?)

Since I spend the majority of my LIFE in my car, I realized today that God might try to do a little talking to me during my 60 minute commute. Crazy, right? (Seriously, does God ever think we are total IDIOTS? If He were human, HE TOTALLY WOULD. Thankfully, He thinks we are just funny and cute when we totally MISS HIS POINT.)

Traveling along a major interstate like I do, I get to see some unusual vehicles on the road. Typically just really big pieces of machinery or semi's carrying long metal rods that I am convinced are going to come rolling of the truck and straight into my car.

However, in the past month, I have see THREE trolleys on the highway. Weird, right?

I saw the third trolley on my way home today and suddenly realized:

HELLO BECKY. WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THE TROLLEYS?

I started searching the trolley for any cool sign/number/name that might stick out. Oh, you know, like "MEET YOUR HUSBAND TOMORROW AT STARBUCKS RAILWAY".

Really subtle messages like that.

Anyway, I didn't really see anything other than the number on the trolley 4-5-8 (also the trolley was red). When I got home, I found my handy "Number/Color Biblical Interpretation Cheat Sheet" (not it's official name) and looked up the numbers 4, 5, and 8.

4 = God's creative works
5 = Grace/Redemption/Anointing
8 = NEW BEGINNINGS (!!!!!!)

Red = Wisdom, anointing, and power

I am still seeking what the trolley means, but I just love how God can encourage us with our surroundings. He has not forgotten our declaration of this year being a year of NEWNESS. He is so kind! I encourage you to look around and see what He is saying!

(Oh, and to not cause you further angst,
here is the reference to the title of this post!)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Good stuff, Bex!

Amie said...

ring. ring.ring went the bell...
you never fail to remind me that God is everywhere, and God is always talking. even if through a trolly down the interstate. very cool. Thanks for reminding me to be diligent in seeking him in all situations... you rock.

Amie said...

or is it ding ding ding?
something something something went my heart-strings.
from the moment I saw him I fell.

I needed closure.

thank you for your time.
;)

Rachel said...

Very cool! Thanks for reminding me to always be on the look-out for God every day, even in the routine parts.

Giving Love Encounters said...

LOVE IT!!!
(and no I didn't get the reference....no TV growing up can do that to you ;)