Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A graduation and vacation post wrapped in a pretty pink bow...

That's right, a post that will bring my nursing school pursuits full-circle, wrapped up in a pretty pink bow.

Ok, sheesh. This is going to be a doozy, so just bear with me!

Thursday & Friday

My Aunt and cousin, Khris, arrived on Thursday. We had one mission: CUPCAKES. That's right, we made 100 cupcakes for my graduation party. I think I must have hit my head or wandered into an alternate universe at some point - thinking this would be a piece of (cup)cake. It really was easy - just a HUGE task. Here are a few pics I took of the cupcake making process. (Alternately titled: "Becky plays with the "macro" setting on her camera.")


Saturday

Saturday morning was my graduation ceremony!!! It was so awesome - and I was so proud to have the loudest cheering section! Ha ha! I know this shocks - um - NO ONE. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the ceremony.

My parents and I. Couldn't have done it without them!!


My parents, my Aunt, and Khris. My Aunt is an RN and is ready to retire now that she found her replacement!! Ha ha!


Bill, Agnes, and Pam. One of my favorite shots for several reasons! Of course I was rockin' red shoes, would you expect anything less??


The girls!!! I don't believe anyone else had personalized signs - complete with Big Brother reference!!! I LOVE YOU GIRLS!


Monica, Isabel, Caleb, and Jed. These two kids, particularly Isabel, started me on this journey when I witnessed their births. It was life changing - obviously!!!

Sunday

Sunday was the graduation party! I was so happy to see so many friends and family that have been incredibly supportive throughout my time in school. Here are a few of the pics from the party.
Small disclaimer: Ron and I are not discussing my future, the state of the economy, or the political climate of our nation.
In fact, we are taking about Big Brother. :o)



After my Aunt left, we hit the road for VACATION!!!! We spent 6 days in South Carolina soaking up the sun, eating great food, and relaxing. These next pictures are my favorites from the trip.

**INSERT PHOTO OF ME SOAKING UP THE SUN.**

**INSERT PHOTO OF ME EATING GREAT FOOD.**

**INSERT PHOTO OF ME RELAXING.**

Yup, I took exactly *NO* photos. :o)

That brings us to today. We drove home from the beach today - I was sad to leave, but ready to get home. I had great plans to get home, do laundry, relax, and start formulating my study plan for NCLEX (the national exam to become a registered nurse). Well, that idea was shot out the window when I saw this little email in my inbox:



WHAT??????

The school told us it would be AT LEAST 4 weeks before we could schedule our exams!

That it would be AT LEAST 3 weeks before the state released our paperwork.

NOT NOW!

It's too soon!

WHAT ABOUT MY STUDY PLAN???????

Well, needless to say, I'm on the fast-track for studying. I am taking the test in TWO WEEKS!!! YIKES!

Talk about full circle, right????

I am so excited to be taking the test, yet TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!!!!!!

Can't wait to add RN to my name.

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

I am so proud of you for pursuing and achieving your goals! You are so inspiring - work it!