I have to make this entry brief because - HELLO! I SHOULD BE STUDYING FOR NCLEX!!!
However, my need to become an RN is only surpassed by my need to keep you readers informed of my every move. Oh, I kid!
I have struggled for many years with my health and weight loss goals. Ya'll have followed me through my journey of The Shred, etc. Just before vacation, I went to an alternative medicine doctor, specializing in holistic healing methods, vitamins and minerals, and altering diet to fuel the body appropriately. Nothing fishy/new age-y, just alternative and holistic. Basically, the opposite of Western medicine's approach to healing, which would be popping antibiotics! Anyway, I'll spare you the details, but I am on a very specific diet and have reintroduced myself to exercise.
While on vacation, we did so many fun, active things. We rented bikes, which we haven't done before. It was awesome!!! So fun to take a morning or evening bike ride. I also tired to take a walk on the beach each day.
My favorite and least favorite part of this process has been my discovery of the Lose It! application for my iPhone. It tracks my progress as I enter my food and exercise. A great app!
This morning I started a new exercise routine that I'm planning to chronicle here on the blog. I did Workout 1 of the Couch to 5K program! It will help keep me accountable, and you know I love to complain about sweating - so I will start blogging about my new life as a jogger.
I give you: Blogging + Jogging = Jlogging!!!
I hope you'll have some laughs with me as I transform from "Running? But, 'Big Brother' is on!" to "Yes, I'd love nothing more than to have a nice run in the rain/snow/sleet/freezing temps!"
Here are my first lessons from today's workout:
1. When you aren't a runner, jogging 8 minutes is equal to your "lady doctor" appointment, having a cavity filled, or a torture chamber.
2. The correct - ahem - supportive clothing is PARAMOUNT. I need to remedy this issue immediately. :o)
3. Great running music is KEY. I have good upbeat songs, but it's unfortunate they aren't in the same place. I don't want to be fussing with my iPod when I'm supposed to be focusing on running! Which also leads me to...
4. I need one of those arm thing-y straps for my iPod. Holding that thing is just annoying! I also need to pick up some ear buds that stay in my ears better. This morning I basically looked like a first time runner also using an iPod for the first time. UNCOOL.
5. Motivation is going to be a big issue for me. Getting motivated to run and keeping motivated during my run. Need to think more about this!
Overall, I'm very proud that I survived my first workout. Can you believe I didn't die?!?!?
This is certainly going to be interesting!


5 comments:
#4 is my fav. I wish i were a runner as well. I can run 20 mins max and I feel like I did the impossible, then I feel the end is coming. Good Luck, maybe you have just inspired me,maybe.
Congratulations on Jlogging. I have reintroduced myself to exercise as well. You can DO IT!
This is awesome. May have to give this jlogging thing a go with ya. I have been MIA on both accounts.
;)
Oh Becky, you put into words what I can only do in my mind and I love it!
I congratulate you on you first day complete...that step is the hardest to take sometimes. I will definitely be encouraging you along the way - I am attempting something similar myself. Good Luck and God Speed!
I think we are secretly the same personality types. Totally need something like the App you have or the 5k plan in order to accomplish anything! My world survives by Excel spreadsheets and writing down goals. Haha. Good luck! I haven't posted my diet goals on my blog lately - but down 7 (3 more to go to my goal - lots more to go in reality, but not going there).
Post a Comment