Wednesday, June 18, 2008

All I Can Say

So, today I'm having one of those "blah" days. Can anyone relate? There were two times today that I displayed less than desirable behavior, and that always makes me feel icky. Because I'm sensitive and a little edgy tonight, my mind goes to it's favorite place..."Where is TBD? Land". Sadly, this is no theme park...no rides, no candy. Just a humble woman, on her knees, wondering why she's feeling alone and abandoned in the waiting room.

As all of you know, my new favorite blog is Angie Smith's story. I don't know if any of you have taken a moment to listen to the song that plays, but it hits me every time. Her story is so raw, and tonight I'm feeling raw. Anyway, here are the lyrics for the main song on her page.

All I Can Say--David Crowder Band

Lord I'm tired
So tired from walking
And Lord I'm so alone
And Lord the dark
Is creeping in
Creeping up
To swallow me
I think I'll stop
Rest here a while

And didn't You see me crying?
And didn't You hear me call Your name?
Wasn't it You I gave my heart to?
I wish You'd remember
Where You sat it down

Chorus:
And this is all that I can say right now
And this is all that I can give

I didn't notice You were standing here
I didn't know that
That was You holding me
I didn't notice that You were crying too
I didn't know that
That was You washing my feet

Songs like this make me want to take a bath, get in bed, and never get up again. So powerful and raw. Such a frighteningly powerful sentiment tonight. Anyway, I guess raw is good sometimes, right? Being pulled [or thrown, as the case may be] to my knees causes me to continually focus back on the One who has the plans. For now, this song is all I can offer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can so relate!!!

Amie said...

man I love that song... makes me want to crawl into the fetal position and break down into a big baby cry every time I hear it.

Btw- I had one of those days yesterday too. Something must have been in the air. Wish I'd have known, I would have brought you a blizzard. Cause Blizzards make everything better.

Hugs to you!

:)
Amie

Giving Love Encounters said...

Man, did you need to make me cry at 8 am?
;)