Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tick, Tock...

I am in the throw's of Beth Moore's study on Esther. Let me just confirm your thoughts that this bible study is REALLY good. In fact, I might classify it in my favorite category, "Slap You in the Face, Good."

I was working on one of the homework's last night and I had this statement resonate so deep in my spirit that I had to share it. I'm sure Beth won't mind!!

"I don't know exactly how God perfects plans that seem so bleak to us in process, but these two things I know: He never takes His eyes off of us or the ticking clock over us. He is hard at work in your life, and the same eye that's on the sparrow is on the wristwatch."

Just sit with that a minute.

I'll wait.

At first I thought of my "TBD Clock". Then God showed me that my life [in clock form] doesn't look like this:

It looks like this:



I have a clock for TBD, for nursing school, for all kinds of things. And the Lord not only is intimately acquainted with each of my clocks, knowing exactly what time it is; but He also is intimately acquainted with each one of YOUR clocks.

He knows.

He's watching.

Wow.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I love her accent- I could listen to her talk for hours! I'm doing one by Lisa Whelchel (Blair, for the Facts of the Life) called Creative Correction, and I really like it. It's not as "INTENSE" as a Beth Moore, but I'm really enjoying it.

Krissie said...

Thanks! I really needed this word spoken into my life today.

Jen said...

Wow thanks for sharing. And for the visual!

That is so awesome. Great revelation.

xoxoxo
Jen

Megan said...

I can't remember how I found your blog, but I have been lurking for awhile. I completely identify with you and your TBD life.

Anyway, I felt called to write because I've been trying to focus on the time to start the same Beth Moore study, and like the other comment said, I just really needed those words in my life to today. I HAVE to start that now!

Best,
Megan