Confession...I am intrigued by the Duggar family. And I know of at least one reader [who shall remain nameless, but you know who you are] that shares my feelings.
Check out their website.
So last night's episodes detailed the engagement of the Duggar's oldest son, Josh, to Anna. Overall, it was really sweet and touching...I mean, who doesn't love an engagement story with a happy ending?
HOWEVER, there were a few items of note that I feel like I need to address. I have a feeling that a few of you may be asked, hopefully in the near future, about planning the AWESOMEST. PROPOSAL. EVER. Seeing how Josh & Anna's proposal went down makes me feel like I need to be clear on just a few things. Let's begin.
- Asking the girl's father for her hand in marriage - YES.
- Proposing at a restaurant with the name "Gator" in it - NO.
- Praying about your relationship - YES.
- Proposing at a restaurant with alligators dressed as humans - NO.
- Delivery man pushing a dolly entering the engagement scene - NO.
- Awkward side hug after she says "YES" because you won't kiss until you're married - NO. NO. Ok, one more...NO.
- Man wearing jorts [jean shorts] and a wifebeater at the table next to you - NO.
The next episode was on Duggar dating rituals which basically included NO dating and always having a chaperone around because, as little Jessa put it, "Being on your own, bad things can happen." So basically this left poor Josh and Anna clinging to each other's hands because that was the only thing they were going to do during their courtship.
Much to my surprise there is a rouge Duggar! Cousin Amy came by to congratulate Josh and Anna. She was wearing JEANS. She had SHORT HAIR. Scandal!!! She was HI-LARIOUS. I believe I can best sum up her personality in the following quote:
"If Josh wants to get married...let 'em have it."
Oh cousin Amy, how I've longed for you.
Anywho, let's all keep these things in mind when the time comes, k?


4 comments:
Freakin. Hillarious.
Did you notice Josh and Anna's matching brown/white striped shirts? Please tell me this is another - NO - for your engagement photo.
I missed this episode. Bummer.
And for anyone wondering, I am NOT (so not) the friend she was referring to in her post.
So not.
FYI- Did NOT miss it.
I hurt myself laughing at this post. really. I did. ditto what you said... a thousand times over. I had to turn away at times...
But that being said...Congrats to the Happy couple and their chaperone!
You crack me up.
:)
Amie
had to come back cause I literally started laughing out loud in the car when I thought of this post.. girl, you funny!
just thought you should know.
;)
AMie
Post a Comment