Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year, Same Random Thoughts

Hi ya'll!

I hope you are getting back into the swing of things like I am. And by "getting back into the swing of things" I mean talking to my Academic Adviser, getting frustrating/not frustrating news, getting a parking spot stolen, paying $216 for 3 books, and needing to get a physical and a TB test for class.

Man, I miss the holidays. Much simpler times.

I can't really think of one clever topic to write about, so I thought I would tap into my Music Maven skillz and drop some new tunes on ya'll. Consider this the "Worship Music" edition.

  • Misty Edwards - "Always on His Mind" immediately followed by "Finally I Surrender". Please ask a friend or family member to pick you up off the floor afterward. So incredibly good.
  • Aaron Shust - "Come to Me". Perfect for soaking purposes. You'll be hearing it soon at Zion.
  • Dancing Generation. Ok, not really. That was just a little jokie for a few of you!
That's all I have at the moment. I bought a ton of new worship songs over the holiday break, so stay tuned for more recommendations!

END WORSHIP MUSIC EDITION!

On a side note, are you familiar with the song "Live Your Life" by T.I. featuring Rihanna? If not, here's a little clip:



NOTE: You really only need to listen to the first 40 seconds or so to find this next story funny!

Ok, so now you know what song I'm talking about, right? So, this morning I was doing my morning examination of my skin, and I have this unruly blemish that I have been wrestling with for what seems like YEARS. It just won't cooperate. This morning, I wiped my hands of him. I may have broken into this song and serenaded my little blemish to just "live his life".

My word, I need help.

2 comments:

Jen said...

OMGoodness...LOL!

Also, pulling up iTunes immediately to download new songs. I only have to buy a couple. I happen to own a copy of Dancing Generation. What a fave of mine. :)

Anonymous said...

Dancing Generation is totally my favorite! I could listen to it every Sunday...wait a minute.