I hope ya'll watched Josh & Anna's wedding last night on TLC! If not, I won't spoil the ending for you. But it does involve an awkward closing shot of a hotel room door. Bow chica wow wow!
Anywho, the real fun happened throughout the rest of the show where we saw how the Duggars put together the ceremony.
Honestly, unlike my last commentary, I don't have many things to report. With just one exception.
The interview with Anna's father. I really think he seems sweet, but I can't be sure he's totally comfortable with a fleet of Duggars coming at him. When he was being interviewed as to why there wasn't going to be any alcohol at the wedding, he commented, "Becuase in the Bible when Jesus turned water into wine at the wedding, the word "wine" actually means "grape juice".
Cut to me spitting out my drink.
Um, I going to guess that the beverage of the day was NOT Welch's grape juice. That Mary didn't run to Costco and stock up when Jesus and his friends came over for dinner.
When I mentioned how funny this was to my Mom, she said, "Well if it's good enough for the Duggar wedding, it's good enough for your wedding." To which I replied [perhaps just a wee bit enthusiastically], "YEAH RIGHT"!
Anna's Dad also mentioned somehting about no dancing because of potential hip thrusting. Honestly, I was still stuck on Jesus turing water into grape juice.
One thing I did notice during their vows was that they were allowing God to choose the number of children they would have. I'm honestly surprised they aren't prego yet! I can't wait to see which letter they pick to name all their children! Perhaps it will be W...for Welch's.
16 years ago


2 comments:
Um, I might have spit out my drink (grape juice) as well. Did you also notice that he sang a very awesome song to his bride? I begged Luke to change the channel but he made me watch the awkward exchange. He should totally try out for AI! I also think that at your wedding we should sew our own brides maid dresses in order to insure modesty. Or we could just use my old choir gown, since I am pretty sure it is identical to the Duggar maids'.
I'm just sayin'
I beg to differ. Jesus definitely turned the water into WINE.
Complex, rich, well-aged and full of flavor.... WINE.
Period.
Post a Comment