Sunday, October 12, 2008

Am I being Punk'd???

Ok, seriously, am I?

Some of you may recall a brief stint I had with internet dating.  Please hear me when I say that I know it has worked for lots and lots of people.  One of my friends from college met her husband online.

I think it's just me.

So, over a year ago I met this guy online and he was awesome.  Well, we had great conversation.  Let's just say we were unequally yoked.  Yes, he was a believer, but I think we were in different places in our walks.

Basically, he thought I was a Jesus freak.  :o)  Which I found amusing.

Long story short, this guy was at a crossroads and we lost contact for about 2 weeks.  When I finally heard from him [via email], he seemed to be emerging from his "issues" and was really excited to tell me about them.

I was feeling encouraged,  I was thinking, "Wow, he's really getting it together.  This is great!"

Slow it down, sister.

He then proceeds to tell me [remember, over email] that he had started dating an old friend and was basically giving me the brush off.  Awesome.  Generously, he hoped we could still be friends.  [Please note sarcasm.]  I responded that a girl, ANY girl, deserves better than the email brush off.  Best of luck, BUH-BYE.

Flash forward to tonight.  This clown has tracked me down on Facebook.  WHAT?  Seriously dude, I don't want to be your friend that bad.  

Now, I don't really know Facebook etiquette, so I accepted his friend request.  I'm thinking, maybe he will just leave me an annoying message and that will be it.

Cue Aston and the "Punk'd" crew.

No, he starts TALKING TO ME on Facebook.  He's making conversation like it was October 2007.  Pardon?  So strange.  

TBD...hurry the heck up so I can be DONE WITH THIS MESS!


3 comments:

Jen said...

Rolling on the ground laughing right now. Two words: The Nerve.

Erin said...

Punk'd! I love it! You are definitely not the only one who wonders if they are being punk'd-I think I am pretty much all the time!
I am loving your blog!
You and Kristen with your throwbacks are hilarious!
Erin

Amie said...

First off... Is being a Jesus Freak bad? Cause I am pretty sure you are one. And I happen to think that is cool. I want to be like you. Well, like Jesus. So I want to be like you trying to be like Jesus.

Second... That was nice and friendly of you to accept him as a friend...and maybe God is using you to witness to him. But if he thinks this is going to end in a "Mel's diner" with a Balloon Propasal while men in gator suits watch on as they clear tables, with a celebratory awkward hug and hand make-out session... he has got another thing coming. Cause I will NOT let that happen. I'm your chaperone, so to speak. And though my name is Aunt Amie.. I am NOT as cool as her as THAT Aunt Amy... well.. unless God says this is how it will be, then I will have to step aside, sorry.

Know what I'm thinkin? It is time for a PIGS road trip down south to find DR. STORK! If he ain't coming this way... I am all about tracking him down.

Good news is... You are the daughter of the KING. And he wants nothing but the BEST for you.. and I know you will settle for nothing less. Can't wait to meet this guy. Actually, I can't wait for TBD to meet you. You.are. just that special.

Stay strong girl.. DO NOT settle for anything less than what your Heavenly Father would want for you. You deserve the best!

Much Love...

:)
AMie