Thursday, November 13, 2008

29 Things About Lil' Jenger

Today is Jen's 29th Birthday!!!

In honor of her birthday, I want to tell you 29 things about Jen that I absolutely LOVE.

  1. Jen is cheaper than a therapist. She is a great listener, but more importantly she sometimes serves wine at her therapy appointments.
  2. She loves the Lord with all her heart, mind, soul, and strength.
  3. She experienced God's redeeming power at age 16, and will continue to use that experience to bring glory to the kingdom.
  4. She judges God faithful, and has taught me to do the same.
  5. She can tell my voice when I call her. I don't have to say, "It's Becky."
  6. She sends me encouragement just when I need it.
  7. She likes to cruise through the stores to see what the new colors are for that season.
  8. She allowed me to take this picture in New York City:
  9. She got offended at spending $50 for lunch at TGI Friday's in New York City, but didn't bat an eye spending that at the NBC Store buying Olympic-wear for her and Sam for the Torino games.
  10. She hunts for TBD for me, but says no one is good enough for me.
  11. She won't allow me to even ENTERTAIN the idea of lowering my standards, not even for a minute.
  12. She knows a lot about wine, and doesn't judge me when I can't tell if a wine tastes "woodsy" or "fruity".
  13. She is my person.
  14. She never gave up on God's promise to give her and Sam a family.
  15. She once took me on a "leisurely walk" in Chicago, which amounted to what felt like a mini-marathon.
  16. She gives awesome advice on all aspects of life. Sometimes in the same sentence.
  17. She welcomes our wild group of friends into her home and truly lets it feel like our house too.
  18. She can decipher my tone over email.
  19. She loves Rascal Flatts as much as I do.
  20. Jen once left a plastic water bottle on an airplane--and went back for it. [For the record, we had NOT just landed in a developing nation...I believe it was New York City.]
  21. She waited for a baby with more grace and dignity than I ever could have.
  22. She will save episodes of "Big Brother" so we can watch them together.
  23. She is generous with her time. [Or is it "Jenerous"?]
  24. She eats organic peanut butter and is OK with the fact that I just can't do it.
  25. She is an incredible wife to Sam.
  26. She has blessed me by allowing me to be one of Max's Aunts.
  27. She knows the value of spending an evening on the porch.
  28. She was my friend in the waiting room--an incredible gift from God that I can't even begin to describe here.
  29. She is an awesome travel companion.
Jen, we finally have more in common than both liking Sheryl Crow!!

So there you have it. The 29 reasons why I love Jen. Happy Birthday, sweet friend. I feel so blessed to have you in my life!!! Love you!

4 comments:

Jen said...

WOW! What an amazing birthday gift. Thanks for taking me back down memory lane. You are such a special friend. Truly irreplaceable! Love, me

Jen said...

WOW! What an amazing birthday gift. Thanks for taking me back down memory lane. You are such a special friend. Truly irreplaceable! Love, me

Anonymous said...

Beckys right you are pretty sweet. Thanks for doing all of that "tea party" stuff, when it was your birthday. The food was good : )Happy birthday, and how sweet is this.... your 1st birthday to celebrate with your FAMILY of 3 now : ) waaaaaay to cool!

Love you all!

Erin said...

Way cool friendship!
I loved reading your thoughts on Jen-I think you are both pretty special gals!
Thanks for sharing,
Erin