Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gobble! Gobble!

On this Thanksgiving Eve, I was in search for the perfect sentiment to sum up how I'm feeling this Thanksgiving. Let's face it, I have much to be thankful for. Just to name a few:
  1. I live in a nation where I am free to be the Jesus freak that I am.
  2. I am healthy, have parents who love me, and the best friends a girl could ask for.
  3. I just figured out a new technique for applying my eye makeup that I'm pretty stoked about.
But let's not get carried away...

Anyway, I was Googling for quotes like Kristen Googles - well - anything, and settled on the best sentiment I could find [and where I should have gone first]:

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Pretty simple, right? God's will is for us to give thanks in all circumstances.

Infuriatingly simple.

The fact is, I'm not in the habit of thanking God in all circumstances. I typically thank Him when things have gone my way, when I'm having a great day, and when I'm totally in sync with Him. I don't recall a time recently when I've thanked Him that TBD isn't around, or that I don't have the ability to go to school debt free, or that I struggle with my flesh. But that's His will. That I'll thank Him for all of it. It's a great reminder this time of year, isn't it?

On that note, I think the first thing I'll do is thank the Lord that my Turkey day doesn't ever look like this:


But usually looks like this:



In all circumstances, right?!?