Voice of the Apostles was A.MA.ZING. One of those weeks where you feel totally challenged, but in a good way. You get a fresh taste of "divine dissatisfaction" and want to press in to what God has for you. Thankfully, it's a lot, and He never runs dry!
I have to share this story about our trip. During one of the morning sessions I offered to watch Max so that Jen could sit through a full session, giving it her full attention. I was really looking forward to hanging out with my little buddy. The conference was held at a HUGE church, and we ended up in the "Nursing Mothers Room" where I could feed him [clarification: BOTTLE FEED] and change him. It was a really nice, quiet room with one exception: the conference planners stuck a man on a computer in the Nursing Mom's room.
Pardon?
That's right. A man was working on video editing in the Nursing Mom's room. I was not having it. So...I went to the information desk to express my thoughts on the subject...in Christian love, of course! Anyway, I explained to this "nice" man why having a man in a room designated for nursing Moms was totally inappropriate and I was met with a blank stare and a remark that I can only describe as "snotty". Clearly he didn't find this as offensive as I did. Anyway, I left feeling annoyed and yet a champion for nursing Mom's everywhere!
My only victory was seeing a sign the next day that said, "RESERVED FOR MEDIA". That's right buddy. Don't mess with me!
I also had really high aspirations for taking lots of fun pictures this weekend, but this is the only one I ended up with:
Can you believe those baby blues???
Also, please check back on Thursday for the much anticipated return of "Throwback Thursday". Once again, my Mom came through and found some priceless photos of me. It should get your weekend started on the right foot.
Have a great week everyone!


2 comments:
Ahhhhhh...what a sweet little boy. And Bex, thanks for going to bat for Nursing Mom's [or bottle-feeding mom's in my case!] everywhere! You are a rockin' sweet auntie! :)
BAAAAAAA! That's me hysterically laughing at the sign on the door.
Geez people.
I am going to stalk you for this week's TT.
Post a Comment