My friends are probably rejoicing in their hearts that I am almost finished with this book. I think they are hoping I'll stop talking about it!
Not likely!
The chapter I have been reading for the past few days is called "Profile of the Obsessed". Are you obsessed with Jesus? The Bible? I know I'm not. I'll say I'm obsessed with getting a pair of shoes. Or watching Big Brother. But not Jesus. The past week or so I have been really convicted by the Holy Spirit regarding my priorities and where my obsession lies.
Here are a few excerpts from Crazy Love about people obsessed with Jesus:
People who are obsessed with Jesus give freely and openly, without censure. Obsessed people love those who hate them and who can never love them back.
Obsessed people are more concerned with obeying God than doing what is expected or fulfilling the status quo. A person who is obsessed with Jesus will do things that don't always make sense in terms of success or wealth on this earth.
A person who is obsessed with Jesus knows that the sin of pride is always a battle. Obsessed people know that you can never be "humble enough", and so they seek to make themselves less known and Christ more known.
People who are obsessed with God are known as givers, not takers.
A person who is obsessed thinks about heaven frequently. Obsessed people orient their lives around eternity; they are not fixed only on what is here in front of them.
Obsessed people are more concerned with obeying God than doing what is expected or fulfilling the status quo. A person who is obsessed with Jesus will do things that don't always make sense in terms of success or wealth on this earth.
A person who is obsessed with Jesus knows that the sin of pride is always a battle. Obsessed people know that you can never be "humble enough", and so they seek to make themselves less known and Christ more known.
People who are obsessed with God are known as givers, not takers.
A person who is obsessed thinks about heaven frequently. Obsessed people orient their lives around eternity; they are not fixed only on what is here in front of them.
These are just a few of the characteristics of the obsessed, but don't you find this compelling?
Since I have talked about this book for so long, I have decided to do a giveaway! I will give away one copy of "Crazy Love" to a lucky individual! All you have to do is leave me a comment on this post by TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11th, and I will draw a winner!
Now go out there and get obsessed with Jesus!
Since I have talked about this book for so long, I have decided to do a giveaway! I will give away one copy of "Crazy Love" to a lucky individual! All you have to do is leave me a comment on this post by TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11th, and I will draw a winner!
Now go out there and get obsessed with Jesus!


5 comments:
Thanks for this post! Crazy good stuff in the book! If you draw my name, pick another! I already own a copy and a little birdie told me I need to dive in! :)
I am so pleased to know you are enjoying the book :-) Love Mom
(Don't I "deserve" to win since your highlighting MY copy-heehee)
Sounds awesome!! I don't have the book, but it does sound like you should give a copy to your mom:) Shelby
I am voting for MOM! I bet she has had to listen to you quote the book the most!
If you don't go with Mom.. I am going with shelby. Girl gives enough away.. it would be nice if someone gave her something.
And Jen is just cool.... but she already owns the book... how will you pick? Can't wait!!
GO MOM! GO SHELBY!
:)
Amie
If my name gets picked, send it to Shelby! :)
I can just borrow yours (ok, maybe your Mom's) copy!
LOL!
Post a Comment